Benefits of Protein

 What is a protein?

Starting off with the basic scientific definition of a protein, a large complex molecule that plays important roles in the body. So where can you get these proteins? While there are many protein alternatives such as protein powder, it's important you also consume your protein through actual foods. Some of these foods being, fish, seafood, steak and nuts. Why are these essential one may ask? Your body uses amino acids to build and repair muscles and bones to make hormones and enzymes. With that bering said, protein is a very necessary nutrient for your body growth. The average female should consume 45 grams of protein a day, while the average male should consume 55 grams.






Comments

  1. It is very cool to learn that proteins not only build, but repair muscles. I knew that they were a great tool to help you build muscle but did not know that they also help repair muscles. I usually eat a good amount of proteins, but it is very helpful to know that I need to consume 55 grams of protein every day. There are so many ways to get proteins, but the best way is certainly through foods that contain proteins. These foods not only contain proteins, but they are extremely tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carson did a great job explaining the importance of proteins and the benefits of them. I've tried protein powders in the past but they all aren't very good to me. Carson provided what foods have high protein values. I like how he mentioned how much protein you should consume in a day. Protein is important and Carson did a good job explaining that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment